Irene Indirectly Responsible for House Fire on Cape Cod

Posted by jcashman

FALMOUTH, Mass. (AP) — Tropical Storm Irene is being blamed — indirectly — for a fire that destroyed a Falmouth home.

A fire department spokesman says the homeowners went to a neighbor’s house Sunday after losing power during the storm.

When power was restored a short time later, the residents heard an explosion at their home on Lawrence Road.

Fire officials tell the Cape Cod Times ( ) it appears the homeowners left a small propane camping stove on their electric kitchen range when they left. The kitchen stove was on before power went out.

When it restarted, the stove heated up the propane tank until it exploded. The house was described as a “complete loss.”


Information from: Cape Cod Times,

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press

Related posts:

  1. Largest Vacation Home Rental Franchise In U.S. Expands Into Cape Cod
  2. Police Emphasize Cape Cod Bridges Still Open
  3. Power Outages Rise as Irene Approaches Bay State
  4. Irene Hits Connecticut Hard; Kills 2 People, Brings Floods, Outages {Video}
  5. Hurricane History Repeating Itself In New England? A Look Back At Irene’s Most Ferocious Forbearers

Short URL:

Posted by jcashman on Aug 29 2011. Filed under Top Stories. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Our Authors

Follow New England Post

Log in | Maintained by BlackDoor Creative