Romney: Jobs Report Latest Reason to Oppose ObamaPosted by jcashman
ROXBURY, Mass. (AP) — Republican Mitt Romney says the news that more Americans sought unemployment benefits last week is the latest proof that President Barack Obama should be voted out of office in November.
The Labor Department reported Thursday that the number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits rose by 34,000 last week.
Romney cited the report during hastily arranged remarks to reporters near Boston.
He says Obama has spent more time trying to protect his own job instead of trying to encourage businesses to hire. He said Obama has attended 106 campaign fundraisers in the past six months.
Romney also repeated his criticism of Obama’s statement last week that “If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that.” Romney says Obama should visit businesses to really see who is responsible for creating them.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.
- Romney Blames Obama for Economic Uncertainty
- Romney to release taxes, Gingrich ready for Obama
- Senate Republicans Likely to Kill Obama Jobs Bill
- Romney Raises Over $14 Million for GOP Presidential Campaign; Is the First Republican Candidate to be so Candid about Finances
- Electoral Combat: Romney’s Comments on Job Creation have the Social Mediasphere Buzzing
Short URL: http://www.newenglandpost.com/?p=9277