Romney to Address Veterans Convention in TexasPosted by jcashman
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will address the Veterans of Foreign Wars’ annual convention — a day after Texas Gov. Rick Perry did.
The former Massachusetts governor was invited to speak Tuesday since he was the only formally declared presidential candidate as organizers put together a list of presenters.
Perry has since jumped into the race and is leading many public opinion polls among those seeking the Republican presidential nomination.
Perry spoke Monday as governor of the host state, but mentioned foreign policy. He said American troops should only be led into combat by U.S. commanders.
The VFW, the nation’s oldest major veterans organization, is meeting in San Antonio through Thursday.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press
- Romney contrasts business experience with Perry
- Romney Shifting Campaign Into a Higher Gear
- The Granite State Gets a Visit from Two GOP Presidential Contenders Tuesday
- Fox Analysts Say Remarks About Palin Were a Joke
- Romney Blames Obama for Economic Uncertainty
Short URL: http://www.newenglandpost.com/?p=2577